Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Cherry Trees

My absolute favorite flowering tree is the weeping cherry. They look like giant pink umbrellas. A few years ago I planted one on my front lawn (along with a Kwanzan Cherry) and it is doing great. It's the first thing I see when I walk out my front door. It just makes me smile and it helps to block the view of the very unattractive house across the street. I wish it would bloom all year! Over the weekend I was lucky enough to picnic with some good friends under a huge weeping cherry at the planting fields in Oyster Bay. Here are some pictures of my tree and the one at planting fields.


4 comments:

Melanie said...

Hi Nichole, I love these cherry trees too. Good for you that you planted one at your house, I need to plant more flowering trees here.

Kathleen said...

No wonder you love that tree ~ its gorgeous!!!

Margaret said...

Nichole,
I grew up visiting Planting Fields and so your photos really reminded me of many great days there. Thanks.
Margaret

Jane Marie said...

My favorite tree also is the weeping cherry. I had three pink ones in my yard at the last house.