Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Mystery Rose



About 8 or 9 years ago, I planted 2 tree roses on the side of my house. By the end of the summer both were half dead. In the next spring one of them came back as a beautiful and very fragrant climbing rose, looking nothing like the original plant. It's very pale pink (original plant was peachy orange & looked like a hybrid tea rose).I have been enjoying that climber for several years. At the beginning of this spring I noticed a new rose coming up where I had planted the other tree rose. It's in bloom now and is also very fragrant and red, the original was orange and red, I believe it was called tropical sunset. So either a rose fairy is bringing me new plants or this has been hiding under the soil waiting to make an appearance. Either way mother nature is a mysterious lady!

1 comment:

Nancy J. Bond said...

I like the idea of a rose fairy! I wish she'd visit me! :)