Sunday, June 8, 2008

Climbing Roses







Two of my climbing roses are in bloom at the moment. I don't know the varieties off of the top of my head and because of the huge thorns on them I was not willing to climb under them to look for the labels. Last summer I was impaled with a vary thick thorn to the top of my head which I had to pull out. It was a very unpleasant experience. They are both David Austin roses. The pink one is huge and has covered a great deal of my fence. The red one has been moved several times so it hasn't had a chance to spread as far. Unfortunately it's going to be moved again to cover a bare spot on my fence. I have to wait until the fall but that will be it's final home. I wish these climbers bloomed like my other roses with a pretty decent show straight through September. Right now they are covered in blooms. They will bloom throughout the summer but with only a few blooms here and there.

No comments: