Saturday, June 14, 2008

Release of the Ladies in Red





While standing online at a local nursery, I noticed a little boy very excited about a bag of bugs. I was thinking they were selling plastic bugs but as I got closer I realized it was a bag of live Lady Bugs. In the past I have ordered Lady Bags through the mail and didn't have much luck with them. I guess they don't handle shipping very well. So, I was very excited to see them alive and very active in their little mesh bag. I bought a bag it's supposed to be approximately 1500 Ladies and for $12 bucks how could I say no. What can you buy for that cheap that will eat aphids, spider mites, thrips, white flies, and a multitude of other nasty things that like to destroy my beloved flowers. Not only are they cute and a totally organic pest control, each Lady Bug will lay about 1500 eggs so I will have tons of them working in my garden!! Fly Free Ladies and eat to your hearts content!

2 comments:

Mary Ahern said...

I live in Northport. In what nursery did you buy the lady bugs?
...mary

http://www.MaryAhernArtist.com

Nichole said...

I got them at Hick's